Friday, October 1, 2010

the big 3-0!!!!

yep, it happened...yesterday I turned 30! I can't believe it. It is one of those numbers that always seemed so far off, yet it snuck up pretty quickly. I love being 30 so far...Trent is still in school and we don't own a house yet, but things seem pretty great for us anyways!


I would have thought that I would be a bit sad about being 30, but I have such great friends that they have made the WHOLE WEEK seem like my birthday. They started last Saturday with appointments to get makeovers- It was so much fun. I really didn't like mine too much, but I love getting them and I LOVE MAKE-UP so we had a great time anyways.

Asleigh's before picture



Jana during



Us after (we took before and after's of each of us)


Then on Wednesday night (Since we were going out on Thursday) Trent made my favorite dinner, BBQ ribs, and invited some friends over.

Then on Thursday morning I headed to my Zumba class and walked in to a big "Happy Birthday". Trent took the whole day off so we got to lounge with the kids and run some errands. In the afternoon, my friend Ashleigh watched the kids while we had dinner and a movie. When we went to pick up the kids, there was a small group there with a cake ready. It was so cute and so much fun! I don't think I've had a birthday where so many people cared and thought about me. It was so special and so much fun that it really made turning 30 easy, So a BIG FAT THANKS to everyone making my birthday so great!


At AShleigh's, blowing out the candles on a super yummy chocolate cake!~



Plus I got some great gifts. Trent did good this year and got stuff that I really liked!~THANKS HONEY! (He also took Bailey to the mac counter and let her pick out her present for mommy~ AND SHE DID A GREAT JOB!This is one of my favorites!



UPDATE
So Friday Night, Trent tells me that we are going to breakfast in the morning and that I have to be up at 7:00. I thought that it was weird that he gave me a time to be up. So I got up in the morning (he was still in bed telling me to get ready and he's be up soon) when the doorbell rang. Jana and Chelsea were there kidnapping me for breakfast. They took me to the Egg Factory in Nampa. It was so much fun, and as I mentioned before, my birthday REALLY was a whole week long. By the end, I was ready for the party to be over....now let's concentrate on HALLOWEEN!!!!YEAY!

5 comments:

Traci said...

happy birthday mel, a day late!! sorry i missed it! so glad u had awesome friends and family to help u celebrate all week long!! that is the best!
one day we will meet, i am sure of it!!
glad u like 30 and u have tons of time left for u guys to be done with school and get ur own house!!!

jamieb said...

Wow! Sorry I didn't know it was your big day! Sounds like you were appropriately spoiled :)
Happy Birthday from our house!

Megan said...

Happy birthday Melissa! You and my granddad share the same birthday! ;-)

30 freaks me out too! I hope I have a week like yours to make it that much easier.

Happy, happy 30th birthday!

Casey and Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Melissa! I'm glad you had a great Birthday. wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!

Thanks to the keeper of the stars said...

I am glad you had a great birthday. You helped make the big 30 much easier for me too! Did Trent get you that yummy perfume from Sephora? You lucky girl! P.s. thanks for making me the only before picture. That is perfect for Halloween. ha.ha. pretty scary! See ya soon.

Bailey

Bailey