Sunday, March 15, 2009

No more puppy :(

Ok, I know this sounds awful, but I started rethinking my whole "having a puppy" idea. He is a great puppy, but still a puppy. He slept through the night and only had a few accidents, but he just needs so much attention. So out of curiosity, I posted him in Craigslist to see if anyone would be interested and if we could get back the money we bought him for. After an hour, we had more than 10 people call us. Then I started having second thoughts and wanted to keep him so Trent and I were going back and forth about him. But later after about another 20 replies, a lady called and offered us more than double what we paid (we had a bidding war going on) So, we sold him. It's kinda sad, but the lady already had a dog that was the same breed and she really wanted another to be his companion, so he went to a good home and now has a friend instead of a 13 month toddler to bug.

5 comments:

S+S said...

sad but SaWEET! double the money? Who could resist? Miss you.

Julianna said...

That was fast! We didn't even get to meet the puppy.
Yay for extra money though!

Harlin Family said...

We had a similar story. We got a black lab puppy and realized pretty quickly what a commitment a dog is. Having small kids keeps us busy enough. Maybe when our kids are older and can help out. Your dog was dang cute though. I guess there is a time and season for everything right?

Bird is the Word said...

not to mention all the kids trying to pick the poor puppy up! ~ SORRY about that! Now I do not need to worry about Hailey killing Bailey's puppy! ~ YEAH you blog! I try to blog! ~ I used to be better! I LOVE blogs! ~

Casey and Rachel said...

Lol, the first dog died before you could adopt it? Wow, that would have been a bad choice. Hey bailey, heres your new dog! Oh, wait, no. He died.

Bailey

Bailey