Tuesday, August 26, 2008

An easy, peaceful night

Bailey's worst time of day is in the evening. Now that Trent is back to working nights, it's the time of day that I dread the most (Trent's off around midnight) She is always cranky and has a rough time before she finally falls asleep. Tonight I stuck her on the floor with her boppy and she kept herself busy for about 45 minutes with just random things she found next to her, like a pacifier that she has never had any interest in, a notebook and a cube. I was so excited how easy she was tonight. It's funny how small things like this really make me happy and make my evening so much better! She then went right to sleep afterwards with no fussing or crying....YEAY!

5 comments:

Katrina said...

She is so cute. Good luck with your evenings. That is how Lane used to be when he was a baby. We did a lot of car rides, and shower running. I wish I would have had a boppy back then. They look wonderful! I'd like to get one for my grandbabies.

Trent and Mel said...

They really are great. I didn't get one until she was about 4 weeks and I wish I had it from the beginning. It is very handy!

Christina said...

Oh thats SO great she was able to play by herself!! and then to go right to bed!! woo-hoo!! Zach was like that a while back and it was when Joe worked at nights and i was the same way, i would jsut DREAD the nights! from about 4 until he went to bed at 7 he was jsut clingy and whiny and cranky.. then he would be a pain to put to bed.. thankfully that only lasted a few months... is she teethi at all?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trent and Mel said...

We always think that she is, but I really haven't felt any teeth coming in. We have been saying for the last month "she must be teething" so we say she is, but we have yet to see or feel one. She will be 7 month son Sept 6, so they should be coming!

Bailey

Bailey