Friday, January 2, 2015

Madison and Jackson

There are going to be quite a few posts about Madison and Jackson, so I can get all the details down for my blog books that I make yearly. I want to make sure that I get as much down as I can remember during their NICU time and the 1st year. I have had numerous "twin" mommies tell me that one of the most important things to do when the twins are little, is to write down everything because the first few years will be  a blur.



(Jackson is on the left  with the blue hat and Madison is on the right)


So today the nurse let us finally put the two babies together and I got to hold them side by side. I was in heaven just holding my two precious bundles. They are so sweet and I love them dearly. They also started on non nutritive feeding....where I breastfeed (after having pumped) and then they feed them through their tubes. This way they just practice the sucking and breathing together without swallowing yet. Next week hopefully they will let them try regular feeding which is a milestone they have to pass before they can come home.

Both babies are still growing and doing great. Madison is now 3lbs 15 oz (almost 4 lbs) and Jackson is 4 lbs 15 oz (almost 5 lbs) ...so they are exactly a pound apart. They both have their IV's removed and just need to get to feeding on their own (not through a tube) and regulate their own body temperatures without losing any weight.  I am hoping just another two weeks until they get home, but of course they will not give any dates because it all depends on the babies progress.


 
                                       (Jackson and Madison)


The picture below Madison is on the left and Jackson on the right)

                                                         Madison (below)
 
 
Mommy holding Jackson

3 comments:

Tressa said...

Such sweet babies! Hoping all continues to go well for you and the little ones.

Pamela Lynn said...

I miss my little grand babies. Wish my work schedule wasn't so crazy.

Harlin Family said...

I love the picture of them laying next to eachother! Thanks for sharing. :)

Bailey

Bailey