Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Whidbey Island

We were able to sneak in a quick trip to Washington this week with Trent's dad. He flew up to visit Laura (my sister in law) so we drove up and visited, then brought him back with us. We had something fun to do or go see every day we were there. It is such a beautiful place and we enjoyed all the wonderful scenery and had fun visiting our cousins!
 
So this is Deception pass. It is sooooo high. I got about a quarter across the bridge and had to turn back. I was so scared that I couldn't continue across. The problem I had was that Bailey and Nick were in front of me (yes they were holding hands with an adult) but I was so scared watching them cross and I wasn't there. Seriously it was one of the most terrifying things for me ( I really almost had a panic attack) and I don't usually get that scared...anyways, I was just grateful when they made it over, and back and I could make sure they were safe. It is way higher than it looks and the railing is not that tall or secure....especially for a 4 year old!


We then headed to a nearby beach and the kids enjoyed running around and playing. It was a bit drizzly and cold, so not very ideal for a beach day.


So we climbed rocks....


(Laura, Bailey, Grandpa, and Peter)
 
 
 
and put our toes in the water



                                                 
   and played in the wood forts.
 
We went to another beach a few days later when it was sunny and warm... this time it was so nice that Nick took off his pants and was rolling around the sand in his undies!

 
literally



Nick and Grandpa waving hello
 
 
They found another fort (the wood tree trunks, and forts, are all along the beaches)



Trent and Peter skipping rocks
 
 
 
Goofy boy (seriously click on the photo to see the up close goofiness of this child)

and his papa
 
 
 Aunt Laura helping the kids make a sand castle...which turned into a sandman instead:)
 
 

No comments:

Bailey

Bailey