Sunday, October 7, 2012

It's Fall here in Idaho

It seems like everyone here in Idaho gets excited for fall to come. I'm not sure if it's the cooler weather or the changing color of the leaves, or if it's just the beginning of the holiday season, but it is fun to be here during the autum season. There are fall carnivals and huge pumpkin patches that seem to pop up everywhere. And, everyone seems to really decorate their yards and houses.... Here are a few yards from our neighborhood .....

notice the pumpkins and cornstalks...they seem to be popular here for the front yard along with a bale of hay (this one is kinda hard to see since it is far away)




And the blow ups are everywhere now too!


So I decided that I needed to catch the fall fever and start decorating. I started with the entry table....


then the mantle


and found a great $5 wreath on Craigslist that I had to doctor a bit



to the front entry way...I actually got a hay bale this year with the corn stalks...even though Trent didn't want me to get one, I went with the kids to a little pumpkin patch down the street and grabbed one.... it makes the yard so much more festive!


I'm now ready for fall and the kids seem to be quite ready for Halloween to come!

1 comment:

Traci said...

love all the decor! its like that out here in the east too, people really get into holiday decor! makes driving around so much fun!!

Bailey

Bailey