Wednesday, September 7, 2011

We will miss you Grandpa!

My Grandpa Davis passed away yesterday morning. He had a stroke a few months ago and his health has been declining since. Even though it was not totally unexpected, It is still hard to lose someone close to you that you love so much.

Grandpa was 93 years old and was such a great man. He had 6 children and it was through him that the gospel came to our family. He accepted the missionaries into his home and each member of his family was eventually baptized.

We will surely miss grandpa on this earth (especially my sweet grandma), but I know that he is with his siblings and parents on the other side. I also know that his journey is not over and that we will all get to see him again on the other side.

I love you Grandpa!


This was a few months ago when he first went into the hospital


his 90th Birthday party


This March when we were visiting California, just before he had the stroke

3 comments:

Traci said...

oh melissa, so sorry to hear of ur lose. grandparents r such neat people!
what a great feeling to know u will see him again. loves!

Thanks to the keeper of the stars said...

That brought tears to my eyes! You will always have lots of good memories of him. Grandparents are so special. Hugs to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss, Melissa. Losing loved ones is difficult, but I think it's easier when you know they've lived a long and very rewarding life. It sounds like your Grandpa was a very special person, not only in your life, but in all those who knew him.
....
I was reading an old blog of mine, and came across all your old comments. They're all so sweet and lovely and remind me of all those wonderful times we had on our 'walks and talks'. I hope you're doing well, my dear (said with British accent). I miss you!!!

Rachelle

Bailey

Bailey