Tuesday, September 21, 2010

implants, a baby shower and surprise birthday party

Last week was just hectic for our family. On Tuesday I had dental surgery and had a steel implant inserted into my gums(no pictures for this one...) I was put under, and got some pretty heavy pain meds, so by the next day I was fine (except for the annoying retainer I now have to wear for 3 months...yuck.)

Then on Friday I had planned a baby shower for a super cute girl in the ward...BUT...she went into labor (6 weeks early) and ended up in the hospital for a few days trying to keep her from having the baby. They released her on Saturday so we rescheduled for this week, but on the day of, she ended up back in the hospital so we had the shower without her...kind of a bummer!

Ducky Theme- here is the table as we were setting up


This is what happens when you plan a morning shower- tons of kids


Just a few of the guests



And on Saturday, a friend and I planned a surprise 30th birthday party for another friend, Ashleigh. It was so much fun. The theme was "Life is sweet at 30" and everything had to do with sweets! So much fun! It was really hectic, and more people came than expected, but we all had a great time! Hopefully I can now relax a bit before another event.

Ashleigh opening her presents(Can you tell that there was a BSU game that day...look at all the blue and orange!)



Some of the group chatting


The girls (yep, that's me behind the balloons)

3 comments:

Samantha said...

So you didn't have to go to Mexico to get your teeth fixed, huh?! J/K ...When I had Hazel, the ward had my baby shower without me. It kinda sucked...but I got all the presents so that's okay. (kinda had the same attitude as Monica's suprise party in friends)

Casey and Rachel said...

Looks like you have been busy. Parties are fun though. That stinks that you put all that work into the baby shower and then the lady couldn't even make it to her own shower. How sad. How do your new teeth feel?

Megan said...

How fun! Well not the implants. The baby shower was adorable. Bummer that the mama-to-be couldn't be there!

Bailey

Bailey