Thursday, December 3, 2009

Red Ants

This afternoon I took my parent's dog, Molly out for a walk in the golf course behind our apartments(we are watching Molly while my parents went back in Idaho for the week) Bailey loves going to the golf course and running in the grass. Today she got tired and laid down on the grass. Trent went to pick her up and saw that she had laid right in an ants nest and they were swarming on her head. She has tangly hair in back and they were getting stuck in it. As I tried to pull them out, they got on me and were biting me, so I can only imagine a whole swarm in my hair. We ran home and stuck her in the shower. After 3 shampoos and combing through with a comb, we got them out. She was crying and saying "mommy, hurt" and was grabbing at her hair, which just broke my heart as I was trying to kill them and get them all out. She eventually calmed down, but the evidence is still there. She has red bite marks all over her arms, back and neck- and I'm sure underneath her hair.

She's a tough chick and has now forgotten all about it!

2 comments:

Christina said...

oh my goodness!! that would jsut break my heart!! Poor girl!

Megan said...

Oh that's sad! Poor Bailey!

Bailey

Bailey