Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Vaccine Issues


Last Thursday I took Bailey to get her routine vaccines. She was only supposed to get 1, but of course the doctor wanted to give more. I never let them give her more than 3-4 because I don't feel that it is necessary to give so many at once into the little kids. This time, I told him that he could do 2 extra, for a total of 3, but when the nurse came in she had 4!!!! Well, I did not say anything and now Bailey has had a fever of 102 for a few days. Sunday she was not feeling well and she has had a fever ever since. I am wondering of it was the shots, because she has no other symptoms, just a fever (and all that comes with a fever) Usually they say that they will have a fever for a few days, but it did not show up until 3 days later. I hope that she feels better soon, because I hate seeing my baby girl so miserable.

Oh, and I'm looking for a new pediatrician if anyone knows of a good one...this has happened too many times where she ends up sick after going to that office.

4 comments:

Stacy Lynn said...

I have a great pediatrician but he is in Utah. I’m so sorry that she isn’t feeling well. Give her loves for me!

Phillip said...

melissa, i used to work at children's and am very familiar with a lot of the pediatricians in the area. Give me a call or talk to me Sunday and I can run som names by you.

Traci said...

baby g got a fever a few days after his last shots too, i think he got 3 as well. although his fever only lasted like 24 hours.
hope you can your peds office about it!
sounds like the comment above mine may have some good advice for you!!!
good luck and squeeze the little for us!

Bird is the Word said...

I wish you had Kaiser... I could reccomend a few... anywho... Hailey almost always gets a fevor after Vaccine's! It is just her body fighting the virus now to be strong in the future!! Whenever we get shots I make sure to watch the kids close because I worry too. MISS YOU! ~

Bailey

Bailey