Thursday, May 28, 2009

Old Friends!!

A long time friend, Marcee (Kropf) Arnett came into town this week, so Gina and I went to visit her and her family. We had an awesome dinner prepared by her mom (With the help of a recipe from Cafe Rio) It was good just to sit with old friends and share stories from the past and get caught up to the present. The Kropf family are wonderful people, I just love those guys!

Here is a picture of Myself, Marcee and Gina in Mexico our senior year during spring break-


Here we are 10 years later- we look pretty bad after going for a long walk on a hot evening


Here is Marcee and her mom Anne, and me and my mom when we were in primary. For some reason I am sitting in front of her mom and she is in front of my mom! I love the matching shirts her mom made us- we wore them everywhere!

Here we are in college- pre marriage


And after marraige and kids!


If anyone is interested in the dressing recipe that they put on the salad, here it is( and it does taste exactly like the Cafe Rio salad dressing)

1 c. Mayo
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
1 c. cilantro
2 cloves of garlic
Juice of 1 lime
3 tomatillos husked and washed

Mix ingredients in a food processor until well blended. Make a day or two in advance so flavors are well blended- this is the most important component of the salad.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Ah melissa! That is the best! I love it...my girlfriends and i have been friends forever like that too!

Katrina said...

I'm glad you were able to have such a nice time with your friends. I love the old pictures. How cool.

Thanks for the recipe for the dressing. I'm going to try it out this weekend. I love Cafe Rio dressing.

Christina said...

how fun!! and yea for the dressing recpie!! ooh its my favorite, im definately gonna have to try to make it! :)

S+S said...

loved looking at those pics of you guys when you were younger!

Casey and Rachel said...

Lol, love the pics. The one with mom on the Easter bunny is hilarious! That must have been a long time ago, do you know what year that was? By the way, where did you get the photos?

Trent and Mel said...

Hey Brotha, That picture was probably in 1992 or 1993 just after we moved to Madera. Mom gave me all my old pictures and I just took a picture of them to get them on the computer.

Bird is the Word said...

I love the CLASS of 98 on your shirt.... haha! ~ Matt has a few of those!!

Bailey

Bailey