Friday, May 22, 2009

Co-ed Baby Shower

A few months ago Trent came home from work and said that one of his friends from work was going to a babyshower. He said that a few of the guys had said that they had also been to a baby shower and that it was common for guys to go for their wife/girlfriend, or even a sister or other family member. So I put on a baby shower for a friend of mine and spread the word that guys were invited also. After letting them know that we would have food and homemade eggrolls, we ended up with a coed Baby Shower that turned out to be one of the funnest showers I have ever been to. It ended up being a big party. The men ended up getting into the games and won both of them. I love the concept of a coed Baby Shower!!!!!

Mommy Noemi

Brent and Amalia


Daddy Bun and brother Logan



A happy winner!!! (Love the pink shorts)


My sweet Baby girl- Look how big she is getting!


Now this is a man having a great time at a babyshower!!!!


the shower theme was "ducky" so I made these fun cupcakes

10 comments:

Traci said...

what a fun idea and great willing participants too!

Julianna said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Wish I could've made it!

Katrina said...

Melissa, I think it's so great that you had a fun and successful co-ed baby shower. Last year I wanted to do a co-ed shower for Lane and Darcel. I thought it was a great idea and it sounded like a good way to add some excitement to the baby shower. But I ran into a bit of resistance from family members who thought I was just silly. I should have just stuck to my guns and did what I wanted. Next time I will. And I will ask you for some good ideas too.

By the way, little Bailey is so adorable! I just want to give her lots of hugs and kisses.

Bird is the Word said...

Thanks for the FUN shower! I told you if you bring eggrolls... the birds will come! :) It was nice to celebrate Baby Sor...I think they are going to name her Melissa... how about you??

Bird is the Word said...

P.S. Matt wore the PINK shorts to honor the new baby girl.... :)

Megan said...

those cupcakes are adorable Melissa!! i love coed baby showers too!!

Casey and Rachel said...

Coed baby showers? Never heard of that before...

But looks like you had a great time! And by the way, I like the pictures of Karen Davis Jr. I can't believe how much bailey looks just like mom! I can't get over it.

The Jensens said...

That looks like such a fun shower! Sorry John and I were MIA!

erika said...

What a great Idea!

Dehmel's said...

That was a great idea. We have had those before for co-workers. They are alot of fun. Sorry we missed this one.

Bailey

Bailey