Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter

I tried to make the best of Easter Sunday this year. After waking up and finding their Easter baskets, I made Resurrection rolls for breakfast with the older kids. They are rolls that you wrap a marshmallow in, but when you take them out of the oven, they are empty.



We stayed home from church again today to make sure everyone is better. I'm pretty sure Nick is better, but not sure if Bailey and the babies are still contagious. Bailey ended up getting the rash also, and has sores all around her mouth. Her sore throat just went away today. She will be staying home from school for the next day or two until her face is cleared up. Supposedly you are contagious a full week after you get it, but some doctors say until the sores all go away. The babies seem to be back to normal, but still have hard scabs all over.  This is a nasty virus that I wouldn't wish upon anybody, but we survived!

I did let the older kids do an egg hunt a few days ago, but told Bailey not to get too close to her friend Erika


Jackson definitely enjoyed his chocolate bunny

 And playing with Bailey's stroller


Bailey wanted to dress up even though we didn't go anywhere. She looked pretty finding eggs though



Nick was sure fast




Trent and the babies enjoying the porch swing



Here are the babies baskets and the older kids below. Trent said that the Easter bunny really spoiled the kids this year, but after the week we had, I think it was deserved.




And I'm so glad that Miss Bailey is finally starting to feel better. Now to just get rid of the painful sores on her face...and Tuesday is class picture day, so I hope they start to heal quickly


Hopefully Spring break next year will be full of fun adventures, but I will say, that it was pretty relaxing to stay home all day, every day. Most days the kids stayed in their Pjs. I am ready for kids to head back to school and so glad that everyone is feeling better.

No comments:

Bailey

Bailey