Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Grandpa Parsons, I love you




Today my Grandpa Parsons passed away unexpectedly. I am really close to my grandparents Parsons so it has hit me really hard. My grandpa was a great guy. He taught us all how to work hard. He was not a warm guy, but we always knew he loved and cared for us. He was stern and we respected him greatly. He helped me out many times that I cannot repay him for. I have so many fond memories of being with him on his ranch from when I was a kid to when I had kids and brought them over. I will miss him so much and it breaks my heart that he is gone, but I am grateful to know that we will be with him again someday.






Some of my fondest memories of grandpa are:

Riding his horses on his ranch from when I was little to my kids riding with him







When we were little, he would pay us to scratch his back. It started as $1 per 15 minutes, but when we were older $1 per 10 minutes. I would scratch his back 1-2 hours each evening to get as much money as I could.

When I was a teenager, I would go and stay at the ranch for a few days. When I was driving his jeep one day he got mad that I didn't use the blinker.....we were in the middle of nowhere and there were no other cars around!

He and Grandma came to Utah for Christmas when I was at BYU. I drove my car home and he followed to make sure I was safe. He bought all my gas and food and even gave my gambling money for stopped in Mesquite.

He bought me a fire escape ladder when I lived in Provo in an old home and my room was on the 2nd story. He was always making sure we were safe

He BBQ'd at my wedding reception. He brought over his huge BBQ and did all the meat. It was delicious and I was so glad he came.














Trent went to work on his ranch with him and got Poison Oak really bad. My grandpa NEVER got poison oak and the one time Trent went to help, it was terrible





He always had Zigfried above his front room wall for as long as I can remember



And was always very organized...from his ranch and barn to his cowboy hats and boots










 I Love you and will miss you Grandpa!!!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Melissa, I'm so sorry about your Grandpa. It's hard to start losing your grandparents and especially ones you are close to. Thanks for sharing all your memories. He was a hard worker! And he did make wonderful BBQ meat! I hope your grandma and your mom can get through this hard time with some peace. Grandpa Parsons, gruff as he might have been, raised a pretty wonderful daughter who, in turn, raised a very wonderful granddaughter-YOU! We're so proud and impressed with the kind of woman, mother and wife you are to your family. We're so glad you're part of ours, too! Our love-Dad & Mom C

Bailey

Bailey