Thursday, July 11, 2013

CSI too close to home

This evening around 8 pm, I was outside with the kids in the front yard. My friend Keri was walking by and stopped to talk for a bit and about 5 minutes later my mom rode up on her bike. There was a door to door pest control guy  across the street that starts yelling at us. My mom ran over to see what he needed and he said that there was a lady leaning on our neighbors fence across the street that was not responsive.

I called 911 and paramedics were on their way. My mom came back and said that a lady looked like she had passed away but nobody wanted to touch her. Another friend of ours was riding her bike by who is an RN about the same time Trent was running over. Trent watched as she checked for vitals.

The lady had passed. Ok, so here is the weird part. The neighbors that live in the house are out of town for a week and my dad has been watching the house. He and Bailey went over this evening and noticed a bag full of energy drinks sitting on the front porch (that weren't there this morning) and didn't notice her on the side. She did not have a car and wasn't a neighbor.

I'm not only really weirded out, but we are all wondering why this lady chose the one house where nobody was home, if she knew them, and why she was sitting at the side of their house near the fence.

We are a pretty close knit neighborhood where we know most neighbors and wave when people drive past. It is just odd for a lady that nobody recognizes and has no car leaves a bag of drinks at the front door, her flip flops under a tree in the front yard, but she went to the side by the fence and laid down. I hope to know more and find out if the people who were out of town knew her.

But for now, just a little uneasiness for me since it happened right across the street. I'm pretty sure that there was no foul play, but the street was cordoned off and there is crime scene tape everywhere. This is tiny star that has a population of 6,000 and you just don't expect things like this to happen.

I will update if I find out more...

OK, I just found out that she didn't know the neighbors but lived somewhere around here with her parents and was an alcoholic and probably wandered around then passed out... and the cops apparently knew who she was...

1 comment:

jamieb said...

Wow! A little too much of the kind of excitement you don't really want!

Bailey

Bailey