Thursday, December 13, 2012

License and Registration, please


If you have ever been to Star, Idaho, you probably know that you must go the speed limit. If you go even 5 over, the Star Police will stop you. The speed limit in the residential is 20 and 25 in town and you must go exactly the limit. We have known this since we moved here and have had plenty of people warn us.

The Star police department has only 5 or 6 officers in the whole department with usually only 2 or 3 on duty at a time. You would think with only one car patrolling that your chances of being pulled over are small, but you would be wrong.

So today I was driving and I see the sneaky police hiding in a parking lot...I look down, only going 20mph, I'm good. About a half mile away, I look in my rear view and notice he is now behind me...a few more miles of going the speed limit then the lights come on behind me and I really have no clue why....

Officer: Do you know why I pulled you over

Me: I have no idea

Officer: I noticed a few miles back that you went over the fog line

Me: what line is the fog line?

Officer: The outside one, do you know why you did this

Me: I handed something to my daughter in the backseat, maybe then

Officer: When is the last time you had a drink

Me: I don't drink

Officer: Like ever?

Me: Like ever, I don't drink

Officer: Do you have a revoked or suspended license?

ME: No, I haven't been pulled over in almost 10 years

And after waiting for 15 embarrassing minutes for him to run my registration, and all of tiny Star driving by waving at me, the officer comes back

Officer: Well the reason it is so important that we watch for these things is that it is starting to get cold and slippery out....so we just want everyone to be safe.

ME: Ok...good to know.

Really Star Police, was that necessary? You have all been warned, if you ever visit Star Idaho, you will be watched carefully and they will get you, even if you have to sneeze and one tire touches the line...haha

No comments:

Bailey

Bailey