Sunday, July 12, 2009

What an example!!!!




I got this email from my mom's friend, Dena Callahan. If you know me, you know how much I LOVE American Idol...And my favorite contestant, David Archuleta!

Yesterday I was serving in the Fresno Temple when the phone rang and someone wanted to know if they could perform Baptisms on Sat. around 9. I told them they could join a group of Young Single Adults and asked for the name to add to the list. David Archuleta was the name. (American Idol runner up) He was the opening act for a concert here last night. And before he left for San Jose 's concert which is tonight, he wanted to do some temple work. Wow! I was really impressed. He is on tour, the only mormon in the group besides his traveling companion, and he takes time out to serve in the Temple. dena

4 comments:

Amalia Cutts said...

That is awesome! If only members could do the same and take time from their daily lives to attend the temple...BRAVO!

Casey and Rachel said...

Thats crazy! Wow, this isn't some sort of fake rumor is it?

Trent said...

No, it was directly from Dena Callahan. She was the one taking the call.

Unknown said...

that is so cool!

Bailey

Bailey